I struggle with my hair. Every. Single. Damn. Day.
Yes it grows out of my head curly but that means nothing in terms of reliable style. 85% of the time it needs some taming or styling before leaving the house for work.
So I’ve stared experimenting with different easy quick styles that look great and can be done without eating a large chunk of those precious pre-work morning hours.
I’ve curated and tested these 3 unique do’s on actual mornings! Here’s how to get the look!
Bubble Pony Tail
This Princess Jasmine-esque pony is a neat and unique way to pull the hair back.
What you’ll need:
-Small hair elastics
-Hairspray for finish
1. Start by sectioning the hair from the top – making a small high pony. Run gel through the front and sides of the pony to smooth fly always.
2. Flip the small pony to the front of your face, which moves the first pony out of the way to to allow you to create your second pony.
3. Tun gel through the sides and front of the second pony and secure with a rubber band.
4. Take both ponies in one hand and add a rubber band that groups the two ponies at the base of the rubber band of the second pony – this makes your “bubble”. Flip the joined pony together to the front.
5. Section and rubber band a third pony. Repeat the previous step, by securing another rubber band that joins the ponies at the base of the third pony rubber band – creating another “bubble”
6. Create a fourth pony at the nape of the neck and join the ponies with a rubber band.
7. Continue to create “bubbles” by placing rubber bands every 3 inches or so down the length for your ponytail
8. Finish with one band at the end of the hair and spray with hairspray.
Faux Pony Hawk
This easy do is a quick and simple fix for keeping the hair off the face and styled.
What you need:
- Hair elastics
1. You’ll section the hair into 2-3 small ponies.
2. Run gel through the top and sides of each pony.
3. Fluff the top pony over the bottom pony and spray hairspray to set your style
High Half Pony
The high half pony is my quick, easy weekday go-to.
What you need:
- Hair elastic
- Bobby pins
1. Gather a small pony of hair at the base of the forehead, crown of the head. Secure with a rubber band
2. Take a small bundle of hair from the pony tail – 1/2 inch in diameter or so, and wrap the bundle around the base of the pony tail and pin on the underside below the pony tail.
3. Spray the front of your hair and smooth flyaways
2 thoughts on “3 easy work-cool hairstyles”
Cool! I tried the Bubble ponytail one and I LOVE IT! Thank you so much for posting this!
I am so glad you liked it!
LikeLiked by 1 person