Okra is one of my favorite veggies! Packed with vitamins B and C, calcium, potassium and lots of healthy fiber.
The common apprehensions I hear about cooking okra is that it can be slimy and difficult to soften. If done right, okra can be crunchy and satisfying without any slime.
My weakness for fried food means that fried okra is one of my favorite treats – which I love but can’t eat daily. I fixed up this faux ‘fried’ okra that has the flavor and crunch of traditional fried okra without the excessive breading or oil! Yum! Try it out and let me know how it is.
Gluten Free Faux Fried Okra Recipe
- Half pound of fresh raw okra sliced into rounds
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Goya Adobo seasoning
- 1/3 cup of gluten free breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Toss sliced okra in a bowl, combine all seasonings and breadcrumbs. Mix until okra is evenly coated
- Disperse okra on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until okra ‘breading’ is brown and crisp
- Enjoy as a side to a meal or as a snack!